- Domestic Water Purification (26)
- Emergency Water Purification (2)
- Industrial Water Purification (15)
- Outdoor Water Purification (2)
- Water pollution problems (3)
- Water Purification Processes (3)
If You want to learn how to remove arsenic from water, keep reading. In this post we will cover many things about arsenic in water.
Arsenic in drinking water
The presence of arsenic in drinking water, even in extremely high concentrations, does not cause a change in the taste, smell, color or appearance of the water. Therefore, the presence of arsenic in drinking water can only be determined using relatively water analysis. Recently, alarming news about the presence of arsenic in drinking water have become more frequent in many countries. Accurate analysis of arsenic in drinking water are still not routinely performed in many countries.
How to remove arsenic from water
To remove Arsenic from water, one of the solutions is to use a reliable filtration method – ARSENIC ADSORPTION using a special filter media specialized for Arsenic removal. It can be applied in several ways depending on the required flow, capacity as well as the concentration of Arsenic in the water itself. The most commonly used devices are for the “whole house” where the media is in a column under pressure, controlled manually or by an automatic control valve. This Arsenic water purifier looks similar to a water softener. The filtering media does not require any reagent for regeneration, it is only periodically backwashed.
For smaller flows (for example, only one tap for purifying water intended for drinking and cooking), instead of a whole house filter, it is possible to use a water purifier under the sink – a reverse osmosis water filter or a filter with specialized arsenic filtering media.
Arsenic in water – health hazard
Chronic arsenic poisoning that occurs after long-term consumption of drinking water containing arsenic is very different from acute poisoning. Symptoms of acute poisoning appear immediately and usually include vomiting, abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea.
Chelation therapy can be effective in acute poisoning, but should not be used against long-term poisoning. Symptoms and signs of disease caused by arsenic vary among individuals, population groups, and geographic areas. Thus, there is no universal definition of arsenic-related disease. This makes it difficult to assess the impact of arsenic on health. Likewise, there is no way to identify cases of cancer caused by arsenic from cancers caused by other causes.
Long-term arsenic exposure
Long-term exposure to arsenic through drinking water causes cancer of the skin, lungs, bladder, kidneys, as well as other skin changes, including changes in pigmentation and thickening (hyperkeratosis). Increased risk of lung and bladder cancer and arsenic-related skin lesions were not detected in drinking water with an arsenic concentration of less than 0.05 mg/L.
Absorption of arsenic through the skin is minimal, and thus activities such as hand washing, bathing, laundry, etc. with water containing arsenic do not pose a risk to human health. After long-term exposure to arsenic, the first changes usually appear on the skin: a change in pigmentation, followed by hyperkeratosis.
It usually takes more than 10 years of exposure to arsenic to develop cancer. The relationship between arsenic exposure and other health problems is not clear. For example, some studies have linked arsenic to hypertensive and cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and diseases of the reproductive organs.
Arsenic Under Sink Water Filter Systems (POU)
Arsenic Under Sink Water Filter System
Arsenic Removal Water Filter Cartridge (3 stage)
Water flows through an Arsenic-selective resin cartridge, designed specifically for reducing arsenic. Capacity: 1000 gallons, depending on the arsenic type & ppb (parts per billion) of influent water.
SMART Water Filter Cartridge
After the arsenic is removed the water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals – copper and zinc (ERA-6500, ERA-9500). ERA-6500 and ERA-9500 are major advancements in water treatment technology that works on the electrochemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy®) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized.
Carbon Block Water Filter Cartridge
Water flows also through a 5-micron solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC’s), insecticides, pesticides, and industrial solvents and traps particles larger than 5 microns including sediment, silt, sand, and dirt.
- Reverse osmosis water tank – why is it importantWhat is a reverse osmosis water tank? Reverse osmosis water tank is one of the main elements of an under sink reverse osmosis system and its main purpose is to act as a purified water …
- Whole house sediment filter protects your home and appliancesIntro There is wide range of whole house water filter systems on the market. Do you need a whole house water filter? What kind of a water filter system do you need to improve water …
- Water hardness test kit – learn how to check water hardness fast and easyWater hardness test kit Water hardness test kit is an easy and fast way to check the hardness value of the water with water test strips. It is also suitable to monitor the operation of …
- Best water for hair wash and hair care – what water quality you need for better hair?Best water for hair wash and hair care – what water quality you need? You already tried all the expensive hair products but your hair just doesn’t get shine and volume like in the commercials? …
- Greensand plus – the best iron removal filter media?Greensand plus for iron removal from water Greensand plus iron removal filters are the best choice for removing iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide and even arsenic in some conditions from water. Iron in higher concentrations can …
- Drinking water test kit 16 in 1. Know more about your water quality.What is a drinking water test kit? Drinking water test kit 16 in 1 is an easy way to find out about your water’s quality. What kind of water test kits are available? There are …