- Domestic Water Purification (26)
- Emergency Water Purification (2)
- Industrial Water Purification (15)
- Outdoor Water Purification (2)
- Water pollution problems (3)
- Water Purification Processes (3)
A portable water filter and purifier is a great thing for people always on the move. If you are often out of the house and you always want to have fresh purified water to drink, portable water filters are a right solution for you.
There is a really wide range of portable water filters and water purifiers on the market, but how to choose the right one for you?
No time to read? Check our favorites among best portable water filters right now.
Pick number 1
Pick number 2
Pick number 3
What is filtered water?
Filtered water is tap water that has been purified so that it’s quality is improved. How the water is filtered depends on the type of filtration system. These water filters can include domestic pitcher filters, under sink or counter top reverse osmosis systems, distillation, and activated carbon filters.
Benefits of filtered drinking water and a portable water filter and purifier
1. Filtered water is odorless
Have you ever noticed a strange smell coming from your tap water? Municipalities add chlorine to keep the water microbiologically safe.
Filtered water removes all contaminants from the water, including chlorine and other contaminants. You can pour water into a tall glass and you won’t smell it!
2. Filtered water is healthy
Filtration and water purification removes certain chemical and physical particles that are not good for human health. Herbicides and pesticides used in agriculture wash into lakes and rivers when it rains. The filtration process can remove even these tiny, harmful particles.
However, natural water contains healthy minerals that are good for the body, the right choice of a water filter is important, so you remove only the items that you don’t need in your drinking water.
3. Filtered water tastes great
If tap water tastes OK, imagine how much better filtered water tastes because it has removed many contaminants.
Mini Filter that makes tap water safe to drink
Faucet Filters – you know they clean-up tap water effectively, but why the short filter life?
Full sized countertop filters like the Home Master Jr. deliver long filter life, but do they have to be so big?
Perfect for tiny houses, shared spaces, travel, dorm rooms and flexible living.
Home Master® Mini features all the performance and long life of a full-sized countertop filter, at the price of a faucet filter. It delivers a full year’s worth of filtered water for all your drinking, cooking, pet watering and veggie washing needs. Go ahead and use it.
NSF Certified Filter • BPA Free • Made in USA
Typical filter life: 1500 gallons or 1 year
4. Enjoy fresh filtered water when you need It
One of the greatest benefits of filtered water is that you get it exactly when you need it. No need to buy in bulk to keep stock and never run out.
Pollution-free drinking water is available at the push of a button or lever or strait from a sip from a water pitcher. Fill your pitchers with water so your guests can easily refill their glasses, and keep a portable water bottle handy so you can take filtered water with you wherever you go. Some people like to keep a fridge full of refillable bottles. If you like cold water, this is a great way to have it exactly when you want it.
And you won’t ever run out of fresh drinking water, especially if you carry a water bottle that you filled with filtered water.
5. Filtered water is budget-friendly
The cost of a filtration system may seem high at first, but it quickly becomes a money-saving investment in the short term.
Bottled vs Filtered Water
The answer is easy. Filtered water is almost always better than bottled or tap water.
This large capacity ultimate pitcher provides clean, great-tasting water conveniently, waiting and chilled in your refrigerator.
Step 1: Eagle Redox Alloy® 6500, removing or reducing chlorine and water-soluble heavy metals.
Step 2: Eagle Redox Ally® 9500 removes or reduces iron and hydrogen sulfide from municipal or other water supplies.
Step 3: The ion exchange resin reduces heavy metals such copper, Zinc, aluminum and water hardness.
Step 4: Coconut Shell Granulated activated carbon and Catalytic activated carbon reduces chlorine, chloramine, bad tastes, and odors, reduces pesticides (lindane, atrazine and 2, 4-D) and chemicals that are linked to cancer risk (benzene, TTHMs, and toxaphene).
- Reverse osmosis water tank – why is it importantWhat is a reverse osmosis water tank? Reverse osmosis water tank is one of the main elements of an under sink reverse osmosis system and its main purpose is to act as a purified water …
- Whole house sediment filter protects your home and appliancesIntro There is wide range of whole house water filter systems on the market. Do you need a whole house water filter? What kind of a water filter system do you need to improve water …
- Water hardness test kit – learn how to check water hardness fast and easyWater hardness test kit Water hardness test kit is an easy and fast way to check the hardness value of the water with water test strips. It is also suitable to monitor the operation of …
- Best water for hair wash and hair care – what water quality you need for better hair?Best water for hair wash and hair care – what water quality you need? You already tried all the expensive hair products but your hair just doesn’t get shine and volume like in the commercials? …
- Greensand plus – the best iron removal filter media?Greensand plus for iron removal from water Greensand plus iron removal filters are the best choice for removing iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide and even arsenic in some conditions from water. Iron in higher concentrations can …
- Drinking water test kit 16 in 1. Know more about your water quality.What is a drinking water test kit? Drinking water test kit 16 in 1 is an easy way to find out about your water’s quality. What kind of water test kits are available? There are …