- Domestic Water Purification (26)
- Emergency Water Purification (2)
- Industrial Water Purification (15)
- Outdoor Water Purification (2)
- Water pollution problems (3)
- Water Purification Processes (3)
Here are jus a few of the most interesting facts about water.
Although it has no nutritional value, water is a liquid essential to our life. We could not function without it, and the daily recommended amount that should be drunk is eight glasses. Here are some interesting facts about this precious liquid that you may not know.
- Sea water freezes at a temperature of -2 degrees Celsius, while “ordinary” water becomes ice at 0 degrees.
- It is known that sugar and salt dissolve well in water, while this does not happen if oil or fat is “added” to it.
- It is known that about 2/3 of the human body is made of water, and that some parts of the human body contain more and some less of this liquid. For example, skin is 70 percent water.
- On average, a person consumes around 100 liters of water per day.
- Water in the form of ice has been found in the polar regions of the planet Mars. Therefore, many scientists assume that there is life there as well.
- A person can survive only a few days without water.
- Although almost 70 percent of the Earth’s surface is covered with water, people drink only 11 percent of that amount.
- It is believed that as much as 85 percent of all diseases in the world are transmitted through water. This is why drinking water purification is so important.
- Believe it or not, as much as 75 percent of the human brain is made of water, 25 percent of this liquid is in human bones, and 83 percent is in the blood.
- If we do not take enough water into the body every day, the body begins to draw “reserves” from the skin, which in this way ages faster!
- World supplies of fresh water are not evenly “divided” – Asia leads the way, while Australia has the least.
- Water is the only substance on Earth that can be found in three aggregate states: solid, liquid and gas.
- According to UNESCO data, in the next 20 years, drinking water reserves will decrease by 30 percent. It is believed that already 40 percent of the world’s population does not have enough water for their daily needs.
- The average American consumes about 500 liters of water per day.
- About 8 liters of this liquid is needed for one flush of water in the toilet.
- By the time a person feels thirsty, his body has lost one percent of the total amount of water in the body.
- A glass of water can prevent a headache.
- The weight that a person loses immediately after heavy physical activity does not represent “melted fat”, but the lost amount of water.
- At birth, the baby’s body consists of about 80 percent water.
- As much as 30 percent of fresh water is underground.
Check out our latest posts
- Reverse osmosis water tank – why is it importantWhat is a reverse osmosis water tank? Reverse osmosis water tank is one of the main elements of an under sink reverse osmosis system and its main purpose is to act as a purified water …
- Whole house sediment filter protects your home and appliancesIntro There is wide range of whole house water filter systems on the market. Do you need a whole house water filter? What kind of a water filter system do you need to improve water …
- Water hardness test kit – learn how to check water hardness fast and easyWater hardness test kit Water hardness test kit is an easy and fast way to check the hardness value of the water with water test strips. It is also suitable to monitor the operation of …
- Best water for hair wash and hair care – what water quality you need for better hair?Best water for hair wash and hair care – what water quality you need? You already tried all the expensive hair products but your hair just doesn’t get shine and volume like in the commercials? …
- Greensand plus – the best iron removal filter media?Greensand plus for iron removal from water Greensand plus iron removal filters are the best choice for removing iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide and even arsenic in some conditions from water. Iron in higher concentrations can …
- Drinking water test kit 16 in 1. Know more about your water quality.What is a drinking water test kit? Drinking water test kit 16 in 1 is an easy way to find out about your water’s quality. What kind of water test kits are available? There are …